7 Apps That Help Me Stay Organized as a Student
Staying organized isn't always easy, especially for students who often juggle classes, assignments, extracurricular activities, and personal projects. With so many things happening at once, it's easy to forget deadlines or lose track of important tasks. Over time, I've found a few apps that help me stay organized and make my daily routine much more manageable. In this article, I'd like to share the apps that have become part of my everyday student life.
1. Google Calendar
Google Calendar is one of google's feature that is totally free and I frequently use a lot. I set my schedule class, deadlines, and reminder so that I don't forget any important events for my study. Things that I like from google calendar is that you set different colors for different types of events. So that you can easily know your events just by the color or you can notice the most important events just by its color. One more thing that I like is because it's part of google, so it's easy to sync across a lot of device, start from your phone, laptop, and even your tablet.
2. Microsoft OneNote
One of the most frequent microsoft tools that I use is OneNote. For students you will found a lot of materials that shared online. Sometimes you want to add notes into it. So i start using OneNote which you could directly add your notes to specific parts of the material even if it's pdf. So you don't need note it separately. But just for your information Microsoft OneNote isn't free so make sure to buy the official from Microsoft Store.
3. Notion
Notion is a free AI platform that could also sync across device. It's totally free and it's have a lot of helpful features. Notion helps me organize my study notes, make my to-do list, tracking my assignments, and a lot more. So I usually edit my pdf and material in OneNote then insert it in Notion. Here's what I like, you can use the AI feature to study or just keep it in Notion so that your study material more organize. You can ask the AI to do a lot of things such as reminds me about my to-do list. There's also template to study that is free in Notion.
4. NotebookLM
NotebookLM is an AI-powered research and note-taking tool developed by Google. Instead of searching the web, it helps you understand information from the sources that you upload, such as PDFs, lecture notes, or articles. What I like is notebookLM can summarize your long documents, explain hard concepts, help me review my study notes, and the best part you can ask to make ppt, videos, flashcards, and quiz that helps me a lot for study. The good news is notebookLM totally free and part of google so you can use it across device.
5. Google Drive
The fifth app that I frequently use is google drive. It's totally free and accessable across device. I usually backup my files, my ebooks and other files here. Best part is you can share it with your friends too.
6. ChatGPT
The best AI that I use till now. I usually use to discuss something that I don't understand, brainstorming ideas, and even make image that I need for my study. It can be use across device but it has a limit. But it still really worth it to use.
7. Spotify
To help me more focus I use Spotify while study. Spotify is an app that plays music, podcast and any other audio. It makes my study mood increase. You can organize your music that you like and easily found musics that fits you. You can also find trending music so that you can keep up to date. It's free even though there's a paid version. it's available across device and really practical to use. I use it a lot while study especially when I study at cafe. Instead of hearing other noise, you can hear music that fits you while study.
How I Use These Apps Together
Having multiple productivity apps doesn't necessarily make you more productive. Instead of downloading every new app I come across, I prefer to use a small set of tools that each have a specific purpose.
For example, I use Google Calendar to keep track of classes, assignments, and important deadlines. During lectures or while studying, I organize my notes in Microsoft OneNote, where everything is stored neatly in one place. When I need a more structured workspace for projects or planning, I switch to Notion.
For reviewing difficult materials, NotebookLM helps me summarize my own documents and understand concepts more efficiently. I also keep all of my important files backed up in Google Drive so I can access them from any device. When I need help brainstorming ideas or understanding a topic, I use ChatGPT as a learning companion. Finally, I often play focus playlists on Spotify to create a calm study environment.
Using these apps together has helped me build a simple system that keeps my study materials organized without feeling complicated.
The apps I shared in this article are the ones that have been the most helpful in my own daily routine. Whether you're planning your schedule, taking notes, organizing study materials, or reviewing difficult topics, choosing a few reliable tools can make a big difference over time.
Remember that productivity isn't about using every popular app available. It's about building habits and finding a simple system that helps you stay consistent. Start with one or two apps, use them regularly, and adjust your workflow as your needs change.
I hope this list gives you a few ideas to build a more organized and productive study routine. If you already have a favorite productivity app, I'd love to hear about it and maybe even try it myself in the future.





This are common apps that i usually use and in this post i wanna share with you!!!
ReplyDelete