7 Free Websites Every Student Should Know
As a student, I spend a lot of time studying, organizing notes, and working on assignments. Over time, I realized that having the right websites can make studying much easier and save a lot of time.
The good news is that many useful tools are completely free. Whether you need help taking notes, designing presentations, organizing files, or understanding difficult topics, there are plenty of websites that can support your learning.
In this article, I'd like to share some of the free websites that I personally use or have found useful. They have helped me stay organized, work more efficiently, and make studying a little less stressful.
1. ChatGPT
ChatGPT is an AI assistant that can help answer questions, explain concepts, brainstorm ideas, and improve writing. I mostly use ChatGPT whenever I don't understand a topic or need help organizing my thoughts before writing. Instead of giving me short answers, it often explains concepts in a way that's easier for me to understand. I also like when chatGPT can become my friends when I need to talk about my problems, not only about study but situations that I sometimes need a lot of opinion before taking a decision.
Of course, I don't use it to do all of my work. I still check my textbooks and other reliable sources, especially when learning medical topics.
2. NotebookLM
NotebookLM is Google's AI-powered learning tool that works with your own documents. You can upload PDFs, lecture slides, or notes and ask questions based on those materials.
One thing I really like is that NotebookLM focuses on my own uploaded sources instead of searching random websites. This makes it useful for reviewing lecture notes and understanding long reading materials. What I also like is that NotebookLM can make me a lot of flashcards instantly based on the sources that I've given. Not only flashcards, even ppt, videos, and quiz. This makes it really useful for test preparation.
3. Canva
Canva is a free online design platform that makes creating presentations, posters, resumes, and social media graphics much easier. Even if you don't study design, Canva is useful for creating visually appealing assignments and presentations. Not only presentations, you can even make infographics, posters, or any pictures that you want. Canva provides a free AI tool to make your presentation an assignment instantly. Canva also provides a lot of elements and free template thay you can directly use and edit as you want. You can get the pro canva which gives you more AI tool access and more templates and elements.
4. Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service that lets you save files online and access them from different devices. One of my favorite features is automatic backup. I don't have to worry as much about losing important assignments if my laptop stops working because everything is stored in the cloud. You don't need to worry about your laptop space anymore. The best thing is you can also share your google drive with others. This makes it useful when you have a study group and want to share your study source with your friends. You can access your files everywhere and everytime with your phone, laptop, or even your tablet.
5. Grammarly
Grammarly helps check grammar, spelling, punctuation, and writing clarity. Since I write many articles in English, Grammarly helps me notice small grammar mistakes before publishing. It doesn't replace learning English, but it makes proofreading much easier. This helps me improve more on my writing skills especially on writing my assignment too.
6.Photopea
Photopea is a free online photo editor that works similarly to Photoshop. It's very useful whenever I need to make quick edits without installing professional editing software. It has similar editing tools with photoshop so don't worry, you can still edit your photo like pros.
7. Google Scholar
Google Scholar is a search engine for academic papers, journals, and research articles. Whenever I need reliable information for studying or writing educational articles, Google Scholar helps me find research papers and academic references much faster than a regular search engine.
How I Actually Use These Websites Together
Instead of relying on just one tool, I usually combine several of them depending on what I'm doing.
For example, if I want to find topics around academic references, I might use Google Scholar to help me do that. After reading, I use NotebookLM to help me summarize the materials and help me make the flashcards for study.
When writing assignments or blog articles, I often brainstorm ideas with ChatGPT, then proofread my writing using Grammarly before publishing. If I need to create visuals, I use Canva, while Photopea is useful for quick image editing. Throughout the process, I keep everything organized in Google Drive so I can access my files from any device.
Using these websites together has made studying and creating content much more organized and efficient.
Technology has made learning more accessible than ever, and many of the best tools are completely free. Whether you're organizing notes, designing presentations, writing assignments, or learning difficult concepts, these websites can help make studying more efficient.
Of course, no website can replace consistent studying and critical thinking. However, using the right tools can save time and help you stay organized throughout your learning journey.
As I continue learning myself, these are some of the websites that have become part of my daily routine. I hope they can also help you study more effectively and make your student life a little easier.





Comments
Post a Comment