Digital Notes vs Paper Notes: Which Works Better for Me?
When I was at senior high schhol, I used to write a lot with my notebooks. I even sometimes drawed a lot of doodles between my notes. They worked fine, but overtime I realized they weren't the most convenient ways to make my notes. As school become busier, I wanted all of my notes in one place and easy to be accessed everywhere and everytime. That's when I decided to use digital notes. After using digital notes (I use OneNotes) for a while, I found several advantages that made me stick with them. Here are the reasons why I rarely go back to paper notes.
1. Everything Is In One Place
The busier the school becomes, the more practical notes I need to have. OneNotes helps me keep all of my notes in one place which you can easily open and find any notes that you needed. While paper notes, I need to carry multiple noteeboks which it also hurts my back. OneNotes lets me separate subjects into notebooks and section. This helps me a lot when i need to fing specific materials or notes or subjects that I need to access. Example like biology, chemistry, then you can make sections in biology I have anatomy which is more organized. You don't need to worry if you want to add you notes, you can easily organized it again rather then notebooks.
2. Finding Notes Is Much Faster
Instead of flipping through pages which takes time, just type the keyword to find any notes with that specific keyword. I can find my old notes instantly. I don't have to remember which notebook I used because I can simply search for a keyword. This helps me to save ore time especially when I was in a hurry to study.
3. I Can Access My Notes Everywhee
Things I really like about digital notebooks is you can access it everywhere. Whether using phone, laptop, or tablet. You can study at home, you study at cafe. It's so practical you just bring a device and there's no reason to not study because all you need is your device. This is able to happen because most digital notebooks usually has cloud synchronization so my files can be shared across all devices as long as I have digital notebooks account in that deivce to do the cloud synchronization.
4. Editing Notes Is Easier
Writing on paper gives you permanent results that can't be edited anymore. That's why digital notebooks is way more comfortable to use. If you do a mistakes in your notes, you can easily edit it and save it again. Digital notebooks also let you to add pictures, highlight important parts, insert PDFs and more things that pper notes can't do. You can make your digital notes more colorful and more decorative with the tools that has been provided by digital notebooks app. This is very useful because it could increase stud mood since it is not a boring notes to read rather then just letters on your paper notes.
5. Digital Notes Provides AI Assistant
Most digital notebooks are connected with AI Assistant which can help me do more things with my notes. I can ask about things that I still don't understand, have a disscussion about my notes, or even summarize my notes. It helps when you need to study alone but still need a disscussion friend, then digital notebooks AI Assistant is my recommendation.
But Do Paper Notes Still Have Their Advantages?
Eventhough digital notebooks do have a lot of advantages, but that doesn't mean paper notes don't. Paper notes also have some advantages, you can do uick brainstorming, make some sketches, or do some math calculations. Some people also remembers things easily while writing. It helps them to study faster. If you want to study without screen to maximaze your focus, then paper notes is the best option.
My tips if you want to swtich between paper and digital notebooks, just keep it simple. Start with one subject, don't try to digitize every subjects at once. Try to adapt before fully digitalize your notes. Create folders before taking notes so that your notes is more organized. Bck up your notes to prevent permanent lost. Keep your file name consistent for easy search later.
Digital notes aren't the perfect solution for everyone. They simply fit your learning style better. They helped you stay organized. Everyone studies differently, and what works for me may not work for everyone. However, switching to digital notes has made studying feel more organized and less stressful. As I continue learning, I think this system will become even more useful.
.png)
.png)


Comments
Post a Comment